Thursday, April 30, 2009

Garden


I am loving this gardening thing. It goes along with my longing for Martha Stewart-hood. I have been harvesting my lettuce, spinach and broccoli. My carrots, potatoes, sugar snap peas and onions are all growing beautifully! All of which survived the blasted snow storm in March.
Who knew potato plants grew in these little bushy things, Not me!
I just planted 20 tomato plants. I was feeling ambitious. Here's the problem, I think canning time comes around baby time, so anyone interested in giving me a shower gift can give me help with canning. I also planted corn, 3 different types of cucumber (again, ambitious) and some squash. I am ve-e-e-e-e-e-e-ry excited (as Ryan would say).
Another cool thing was that Wal-Mart had some flowers on sale for 50% off, so I dove right in and bought a whole bunch. The front garden is no longer weeds. Now it is a wonderful flower bed! I also planted my shade garden which I have been waiting to do for a while. I finished everything about 11 PM on Friday night before we left for Hawaii. Ahh, procrastination, it is the only way things get done!
Ryan LOVES helping in the garden, she gets to play in the water that comes out of the hole in the hose and she gets to have a Popsicle to keep her busy while I work. Her life is great!

Thanks to Melissa P. for helping me keep the dream alive while I was out of town!

2 comments:

Keri said...

I'm impressed with your garden! It's so beautiful and organized too! I bet that Georgia sun really helps. We haven't seen the sun yet - curse the Washington rain....and hail.... and snow.

Jenkinson Family said...

Your lettuce looks really good. We planted at few things in containers at home and then have a plot at the Radcliffe's. I hope we have a green thumb