Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Daddy Daughter Braves Games

Ryan and I (Kelly) went to the Braves game against the Rockies tonight for a Daddy-Daughter date.  Don't feel bad for Jac; she got to go to London for a Daddy-Daughter birthday trip.  All day Ryan was excited and telling us about the Championship Basketball Game that she was going to go to.  As we were driving, she kept asking if we were at the Championship yet.  We watched a few innings and then when to the Cartoon Network kids area where she had some fun for 2 innings, then back to the game. She did great watching the game and then she decided that she wanted to be on the big screen.  So after a few innings of her dancing, she was on the big screen.  She almost didn't notice because she was having so much fun dancing.  But she saw herself and had on the biggest grin.  Then she was full of adreniline for the rest of the night.  During the top of the 9th after the Rockies had scored 3 runs, we decided to take off early.  Right as we were leaving a foul ball came screaming towards us, and I caught it (if by catching it you mean sticking your right hand out to catch it and then realizing that this thing is coming at you at a very fast speed and it is probably going to hurt and then pulling back your hand at the last second and letting it rickasahy off of the pole and then diving to pick it up).  So then I gave Ryan the ball because she had just gone for a crazy ride on my shoulders while I was diving for a foul ball.  She immediatley threw the ball back.  What in the world?  I had just risked her life to get that thing and she throws it back!  Well a nice little girl picked it up and returned it to us.  I didn't let her touch it again until we got back to the van.  But once she had the ball back, she wouldn't let it go and snuggled up with it to fall asleep.  
We had a good time and she really did enjoy herself watching the game.  Thanks Delta for the tickets in a great location. 

3 comments:

Keri said...

AAARRGGGH! Duh! I should have let you guys know that we would be in DC! I can't believe I didn't think of that. I'm so kicking myself in the butt right now. I guess I think of Georgia of being way down south but hello, you guys fly for free. Dangit!! You know, you could just fly for free to Seattle...:)

Jason said...

That's probably the best story I've ever read on a blog. Cheers.

Jason.

Clayfrogger (a.k.a. Delores) said...

Love the baseball story but I love that hairstyle more.