Monday, June 29, 2009

Jon and Anh's Wedding

Last weekend we flew up to Boston for Jon's wedding. He's a high school friend of mine. We took Ryan along and did a little sight seeing on Friday. We drove up to Gloucester north of Boston on the coast. Jaimee decided that we had to try some clam chowder, because that is what you are supposed to do. So we stopped at a nice little restaurant and I ordered clam chowder. At about this time, Jaimee wimped out and went with a boring regular type of soup. Wimp. We also ordered crab legs for our appetizer, because that is what you are supposed to do. Tasty but not something we would order again in the next year or two. There were some beautiful beaches and it would have been alot of fun, if it had not been raining.
The next day we woke up early for the long drive to the Dam Hoi (Vietnamese Engagement Ceremony). It was a fun ceremony where the grooms family presents gifts and introduces the family. Luckily they said yes, so the wedding was able to continue. We drove to the church for a beautiful wedding ceremomy. Then for the party afterwords. I had never met Anh, but she must be some kind of wonderful to be marrying Jon. She was so sweet and it was a pleasure to meet her. The next day we had Dim Sum in Chinatown with the bride and groom. That was a fun experience also. The best part was the chicken feet. It takes just like I imagined chicken feet would taste. Then the couple took the out of towners on a DUCK tour around boston. It was alot of fun.
I'd like to congratulate Jon and And on this wonderful occasion. It truly was a beautiful wedding and Anh is a great person for Jon. May they have many happy years (and children) ahead.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Jen and I are still very sad we couldn't make it. I hope you guys had a lot of fun. It sounds like you did.