I have been reading an article in the Ensign (a magazine my church puts out) about the man we believe to be the prophet. It is about his life and the good he has done and the fact that he is always thinking of others. He says didn't have the scriptures read to him when he was young, but his parents lived them. You can read the whole article here .
I have been thinking about this article a lot. I would love to be remembered like President Monson as a person who went about doing good. I have been taught since I was young to care for others and be compassionate, so being more so would not be an unpleasant stretch for me. I am HORRIBLE at reading the scriptures, especially to the kids, but I bet if they could see me living them, they would learn a lot about who Christ is.
So, I am going to start at home. Because that is the hardest place for me to be compassionate, tolerant and Christlike. Silly, huh? But that is where I will start. What an awesome blessing it is to have modern day prophets to lead by example and to let us know the will of God.
If you see me ask me how it is going, I always need someone to be accountable to.
1 comment:
You've done A LOT of good in my life lately!
Post a Comment