Sunday, November 16, 2008

Bonfire!

Kelly and I decided last minute to have a bonfire last week. We called a few people to come and join us. Not Delores though, she is freaky!(hee hee)

Our friends Steven and Gavin came. Ryan was elated, she loves them both, but Steven the most I think. Kelly and Steven worked hard to get the fire going. The only problem, they maintain, is that it had rained the night before and the wood was wet. Luckily a neighbor came over who is a girl scout leader and was able to get the fire going, lickety-split. Not really, Kelly and Steven did all the work, I just think her presence helped though.

Jannica was able to have two friends over, so they spent most of the evening on the trampoline. Jannica finally came over and roasted a hot dog and then was gone again.

Ryan and Gavin had an awesome time eating tons of marshmallows and throwing sticks into the "fireworks." I love having camp fires, and I am so glad that we can do it in our own backyard. Tyrone rocks, and so does our house!

The night ended with tears and promises that we would do it again soon. Kelly took one of Jannica's friends home on the golf cart, so the girls were happy that they got to go for a night-time ride with Dad.

This first picture is Kelly and Steven exerting their masculinity and proving that they are men!


This is Kelly "helping." He puts a fire out so well, the only problem was that we were trying to build one. Oops.

Ryan is showing me that she has just swallowed 2 marshmallows and needs more.



Kelly trying to keep Jac from letting another hot dog fall into the fire. We only had a few, ya just can't mess around when it comes to hot dogs!


We like to park the golf cart by the fire so that we have a place to sit, entertainment for the kids, and a way to carry everything in one trip to and from the house. I really like golf carts.

1 comment:

Clayfrogger (a.k.a. Delores) said...

I know I'm never invited to the good stuff or is it that I don't check my messages. LOL We are going to try to do a bonfire in a couple of weeks and sing Christmas carols. My dad loves these things and he has the perfect back yard. Just tell him you think it's a good idea also. Since you and Kelly are his favorite children now I know he will agree.