Tuesday, February 24, 2009

37 Down, 13 More to Go


** Warning - Gratuitous Kissing Scene **

While we were first dating, Jaimee and I developed a goal to kiss on the capital steps of every state capital in the US. Many people have boring goals of visiting every state or even visiting the capitals of every state. But we decided to make out goal a little bit more interesting. Olympia, WA was the first capital to recieve the honors. Not sure exactly how it started but we found ourselves making out on the front steps of the Washington State capital building. Silly things that young dating couples do. Well a few weeks later, we found ourselves in Salt Lake at the capital building. Nothing better to do than kiss on the steps, so we did. Several months later in Honolulu, HA, we found ourselves kissing again at the capital building. So, we made the goal and we've been kissing ever since. Well I'm happy to report that last week we crossed off Baton Rouge, LA and Jackson, MS. 37 capitals is 8 years is not bad. In Baton Rouge, Ryan thought that it would be great to take our picture at the capital. So we prepared to take a nice picture with us facing the camera when she informed us that we had to be kissing for the picture. These little kids really do pay attention to everything that is going on, unfortunatly. So this is the picture that my 3 year old took. Sorry about having to see us kiss but I did warn you. So if anyone is planning a trip to Pierre or Bismark, let us know so we can cross off another capital.

4 comments:

Keri said...

i remember this tradition of yours! I can't believe you've hit 37 states in eight years. That is really incredible. And your Mardi Gras vacation looked like so much fun! I kinda thought Mardi Gras and children were mutually exclusive, but I guess not! Hope you're feeling better with the pregnancy!

herb said...

Go Red States!

turlington clan said...

Aww thats cute! U guys have been to a lot of places. i dont think ive even been to 1/3 of the places u guys have. Keep it up!

Good pic taking Ryan!

Nana said...

Ryan is quit the photographer. WOW. What an awesome goal too.