Monday, February 29, 2016

Amsterdam Day 217: At Sea

If you can't tell by now, I'm no longer giving a live play by play. The wifi on board the ship was more expensive than I was willing to pay. And I really didn't want to update my blog when I could sit on my balcony listening to the waves hit against the ship. We slept with the door open to the balcony, because it was so nice to fall asleep to the sounds of the sea. 

Speaking of the sounds of the sea, here are a few videos to show a little bit of the fun we had at sea. 


The first is Charlie at dinner. After an hour and a half in the restaurant in the evening, a few nights they wait staff entertained us. Charlie really liked the rhythm of the music and started dancing on his own. 


Jannica also had the final round of "The Voice of the Sea." Notice the live band and the backup singer. Pretty cool. Ultimately she did not win. An Italian guy won. 


And then very strange to American families, the kids club activities really started picking up around 9pm. We thought that the kids should be going to bed around then, but the culture for Italian and Spanish kids is that they stay up much later. Remember though that they take the siesta. This is one of the kids clubs activities at 10pm as we were about to put out kids to bed. 

No comments: