I decided to go explore this city of Rotterdam today. A quick almost 30 minutes by fast train and I had arrived. Unlike most cities in the Netherlands, Rotterdam was completely destroyed by the Germans in World War II. There is almost nothing old about Rotterdam but that is what brings some more charm to the city.
There are two sights that I wanted to see. The Markthal is a new building. It's a big residential building with a fancy upscale market down below.
It had cool fruit and vegetable stands next to fun food truck type of restaurants. I found the whole thing pretty interesting.
The other interesting attraction is the cube houses. Yes, these are actual houses.
I spent a good 20 minutes wandering through here figuring these things out. Fascinating.
I didn't spend a lot of time in Rotterdam. It kind is seems like a big city missing a lot of the charm of most cities in the Netherlands. Still a cool city by European standards, but I've been spoiled by cuter Dutch towns.





No comments:
Post a Comment