Sunday, November 16, 2008

Christmas!


I know that I should be putting off Christmas decorating until after thanksgiving, and I am sure that some of you will poo-poo this, but I put up decorations tonight. I did not put them all where they go. I still have some rearranging to do. I also left the Thanksgiving decor up as well. I can do both if I feel like it, it's my house.

We came home, got the kids ready for bed, popped in White Christmas (ahhh, Bing Crosby, be still my heart) and started pulling things from boxes. Ryan had the most fun with her lamb that baa-s "We Wish you a Merry Christmas" and the snowman that sings "Jingle Bells" She had them singing to each other. Those two decorations might get hidden before this season, nay, this week, is over.

Jac was in charge of setting up the Christmas village. The houses are a little bit on top of one another, but she did a good job. The rearranging fairy might visit sometime this week and give the neighborhood a tune up, we just have to wait and see how lazy said fairy is.


Kelly and I made sure that Ryan did not break anything.

The tree is not up yet and will probably not be up for a couple of weeks, but I just couldn't wait for everything else. Once I brought it up the girls were on board and threatened tears and tantrums if we did not get something out tonight.

After the pumpkin pies and the decorations, my house smells like my grandma's house smelled when she made rice pudding. I just feel all warm and cuddly tonight. What a great way to start off the season! Happy Holidays!

5 comments:

jennywren said...

I love that you guys put up your Christmas decorations...I've been dying to do it myself, but I am under strict orders from Travis to wait until Thanksgiving (we'll see). But the kids and I have sneakingly taken out the Christmas CD's. What he can't hear won't hurt him!

LeAnn said...

You are my kind of gal! We got the tree out Friday night and the boys can't wait to decorate it today:)

Kinsey Pistorius said...

okay, you've inspired me to get out my Christmas village too - I don't think Christmas can be celebrated too early by any means. After all, Thanksgiving is just a nice fancy dinner to get ready for Christmas!!! :)

Jenise said...

I started decorating on Wed. I couldn't wait. I love Christmas time.

Clayfrogger (a.k.a. Delores) said...

Today in Primary as we were singing that song with the line "Christmas time soon will be here" cute little Klaire looks at me and says we have to have Thanksgiving first then christmas time soon will be here. I think she is ready to decorate with you. Love White Christmas as well as Bing Crosby. Just TIVO'd it and John said oh no it's already started becuase I can't wait until the day after Thanksgiving when they start playing Christmas Music. I do however LOVE Thanksgiving so I will wait but might come to sit in your house just to get in the Christmas spirit.