Thursday, May 26, 2016

Amsterdam Day 303: Jared and Tina Wedding

This is Jared and Tina. Jared loves Tina. Tina loves Jared. They got married. And they lived happily ever after. 


Right after the wedding, we joked wondering if there ever would be a woman this excited to be with My little baby brother. Well there is and she is a wonderful woman. I was so excited to meet my new sister to be and to meet her family. I was also excited to see the life that Jared has built for himself in the great state of Ohio. 


The wedding was beautiful. The temperature was perfect (if you mean by perfect freezing cold with a hint of snow and rain). The bride looked amazing. And the groomsmen were almost as handsome as the groom (handsomer but don't tell Jared). 


The reception was held at a country club that evening. And it wouldn't be a Kartchner wedding if there wasn't some car decorations for the bride and groom.  I have no idea how this happened. I was surprised as anyone when I saw this being done to the car. I have no idea how Ryan and Cameron got my credit card and bought the supplies from the store a few miles away. They are a creative bunch. 


The hit of the party was the photo booth. I could not keep Cam and Ryan away. I kept telling them 3 times is enough. And then 4 times is too many. And then, well, if you are going with the bride then 6 is ok. Now with grandma and grandpa? Ok. But no more. But then cousin Julianne needed a picture too and she is too little to do it by herself. 


After 12 pictures, I put my foot down, in the photo booth with them for another picture. 


At about 830 at night, Cameron was so tired that he fell asleep under a table. Ryan was determined to stay awake and watch Jared and Tina discover their car. And she couldn't wait for the dancing to start in order to dance with her favorite person, me. It was so cute and I will remember her excitement when she is 16 and hates me. Finally, around 1030, with Ryan really starting to drag, the bride and groom left the building to discover that someone had decorated their car. And Ryan was right there to see the look on their faces. So much fun. 

It was a wonderful wedding full of wonderful people. And I am so excited to have another sister in the family. Welcome to the family Tina!

No comments: