Saturday, July 23, 2016

Amsterdam Day 362: Menorca Day 2: Beaches



We have explored some pretty great amazing beaches in Menorca. The kids favorite so far has been Binidalí. It is a really small beach set in the large cove area. The best part about this beach is that it has some great rocks right around the corner for catching hermit crabs. Another arguably good part, is because this is a smaller beach and more secluded, it has more topless women than other beaches we have seen. Ryan is the only one that seemed to notice. The rest of the kids couldn't be bothered to pay attention. There were hermit crabs to be caught.


The beach we visited today is Cala Galdana. It is a much larger beach but still almost surrounded completely by high cliffs. Not so great for Cameron though because there was no place to get hermit crabs. But a lot less topless women. Still many, but a lot less. We were able to rent a paddle boat with a slide on top. We took that for an hour and had a blast siding down it into the very deep bay. So much fun. And I'd say we have done an excellent job of protecting our children from the sun this trip. No major sunburns. I guess it helps when you reapply and use SPF50. 


The toplessness has been something that has surprised us quite a bit. When we were in the Canary Islands, we did see a bit of toplessness, but nowhere to the extend that we have on this trip. Here is a photo to show to those that may have not traveled to Spain and visited a beach. I'm guessing that there are quite a few people that will be a bit surprised


Of the five women in this picture, from three different groups of people, four of them are topless. And this was just the group that I could take a picture of without looking too creepy. But as I mentioned before, only Ryan noticed. And she made sure to tell us how disgusted she was. 


And just so you know that it is not limited to lying on the beach, here is a girl just walking by. The strangest one was a group of people with a paddle hitting a ball back and forth. But then not to be outdone, a little further out, we found three men completely nude. Thankfully Ryan only saw their backsides and she was absolutely completely disgusted. I on the other hand was not so lucky. And I got a full frontal view. Beaches in Spain are a little bit different. 

And now you know why we have been to Spain three times in the last 12 months. 

No comments: