In Saturday, we went to the Zouderzee Outdoor Museum. Think Nauvoo or Colonial Williamsburg but only Dutch style. It's a fishing village rebuilt to represent Dutch life around the turn of last century.
The favorite place was the dress ups where the children could dress up as Dutch people from 1904, complete with wooden shoes.
Aren't those shoes cute. I was able to even borrow a pair and walk around for 30 minutes. Man, did it feel good to get my regular shoes back on.
The place had all sorts of shops like an old time bakery, candle store, rope store, fishing net store, laundry, and my favorite, the Smoked Herring store.
Generally, none of us are fans of the herring here. But that is because they eat it raw. And it doesn't taste good. Yet I keep trying just in case I am wrong. Well, I finally found the herring that tastes good. Smoked. Think a cross between beef jerky and fish. So good.
There was also the obligatory windmill, but we have enough pictures of all those cute windmills, that we don't even bother anymore. It's just another adorable windmill.
So much fun and I think we didn't even see the whole place. We will be returning.






No comments:
Post a Comment