Friday, October 10, 2008

Fishy

Kelly is always bringing home freaky weird things from work. I don't know why boys have an incessant need to try gross "treats" from other countries. I did not get home from work until almost eight o'clock tonight. I came home to find a plate of cookies. I thought that it was so great that for once Kelly had made a treat for the family. Usually that is my job. Upon closer inspection I found that he had ruined these delicious cookies with dried up little fish. 

Exhibit A


I thought that he had put anchovies in the cookies. Kelly informed me that they were not anchovies, and Jannica chimed in that they were candy fish. I could not figure out how candy fish looked so realistic. Kelly clarified by handing me this package.

Exhibit B



I guess these are a tasty treat in some Asian country. Dried up little fish. Yum! Kelly told me later that a girl at work had given him these treats and he had eaten 5. He also got Ryan to eat 2. She didn't like them and spit them out, but he still let her put dried up fish in her mouth! My husband has no morals. Luckily Ryan knew just what to do with the third one that Kelly had given her. 
 
Exhibits C and D

Apparently on the way home Jannica saw the "treats" for the first time and said "Ewww, these are dead fish." Ryan responded by crying and saying "Ohhh, dead fishy!" I guess the 8 fish that we have killed in the last four weeks has been a touch traumatizing. 

Anyhoo, all of this was just to help you see that, and it may sound cliche, but I really do have 3 children. At least they're cute. 

3 comments:

Johnson said...

Ewwww...So Gross!! But really funny blog! You are so hilarious!! You always have the funnest stories to tell. I totally love to hear about them!! What a cute family and you are such a great/fun mom!!

The Schaefer's said...

That is just nasty...Ryan had the right idea, but she should have flushed them down the toilet :c). Joe Hanks likes to bring weird treats from other countries for the Bishopric to try. One time he brought squid jerky...ewww. It's definitely a guy thing.

Heidi said...

Those fish are so gross! I also have 3 young children and one older child.