The trip back home started pretty good. Kids were happy.
Charlie was the hardest one to adjust. He fell asleep on the way to the airport and then once we were on the plane he stayed awake way too late. While I was having a hard time staying awake, he was watching movies and generally behaving, but awake.
Finally, with 5 hours left to go on the flight, he fell asleep. And he did not want to wake up once we arrived in Amsterdam.
At this point, we are just waiting and pushing through until 7pm and then we can all go to sleep. And hopefully, we will all sleep through the night and not wake up at 3am. This changing time zones is getting so much harder. I thought that it was my aging, but I think the problem is really my young kids that do not adjust well.
So as a recap, life sucks right now. We are all tired, ornery, and irritable. I hope we still like each other tomorrow.



No comments:
Post a Comment