It turns out that our Christmas tree towers over the Christmas trees of everyone else in the neighborhood. January 12th is the day to dispose of your Christmas tree. As we dragged out our Christmas tree to the corner with all the other trees, we began to realize how huge our Christmas tree was, in comparison. I don't think that you can really tell well from these pictures, but most of the trees are in the 3-4 foot range. Ours was in the 6-7 foot range. It seems a little embarrassing now, but no one will know who brought out which tree to the corner. I think our secret of American excess is safe for now.
I did check with a couple of American coworkers, and it looks like they did the same thing too. So at least we are the same as the other Americans.

No comments:
Post a Comment