Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Bahama Fun




We decide on Thursday night that we were going to the Bahamas on Friday. We thought we'd try for a good deal on Priceline. Kelly didn't really want to go, and figured he wouldn't have to because we wouldn't find a sweet deal. Luck was on my side! We got this NICE resort for CHEAP! The resort was right on the beach and had 3 awesome pools. So, we got there late Friday night and immediately went out to swim in the pools and check out the beach. The pools, as you can tell by the pictures, had cool waterfalls and various levels and lazy rivers. When we went down to the beach that night Jac asked "but what if there are crabs out there?" (It was very dark on the beach) I reassured her that no crabs would grab us. Ryan overheard our conversation and spent the rest of the time hysterically yelling "the crabbies get my toes!" and "I see crabbie, it get me!" Kelly and Jannica played in the water while I dragged Ryan along saying, no that rock is not a crabbie, no the water is not a crabbie, no that plant is not a crabbie... well, you get the idea.



Kelly and Jac got to do a ton of snorkeling, they really loved it and Jac does great in the deep water. The first time they went out, Jac saw a "shark" screamed and swam away. Kelly, on closer inspection found that the "shark," was actually a harmless flat round blue fish. Jac still isn't sure. Later on they saw a small sting ray and thought it was awesome. What an awesome weekend we had. I don't think that we were out of the water for more than 2 hours on Saturday. We got back to the room around 7:30 pm, the girls watched a couple episodes of iCarly (which incidentally is pretty funny) and were out for the rest of the night til I woke them up the next morning at 9:30.



We all had an awesome vacation and the best part is that is was only a 2 hour flight. One of the biggest reasons that we are in ATL is for these awesome weekend trips. We are again reminded of how lucky we are that Kelly decided to work for Delta.



So, if any of you would like to come to ATL and see all the glorious sites, ride the neato golf carts and take care of two spectacular and well behaved children, while their parents go out of town, you are always welcome. PLEASE. In Kelly's words "the one thing that would have made this trip more fun would be to have no kids with us."



7 comments:

herb said...

Looks like you guys had a blast!

PS: Kelly's nick name should be "Whity"! ;)

Jenkinson Family said...

How beautiful. Looks like you all had a lot of fun. Trips without the kids are definitely a much needed necessity.

Jenise said...

You really make me want to get our passports. That looks like so much fun. I love the spontaneity of it all. I also like the picture of Fox and the kids. I am glad they had so much fun.

~*Jess*~ said...

That looks amazing, it is so beautiful! We miss those fabulous benefits of Delta! :) Good thing the luck ruled in your favor!

Nana said...

I would love to come take care of the two kids. We will have to arrange that. Maybe the last of sept.

Robin and Floyd

The Schaefer's said...

Jaimee, next time you guys "escape," take me with you :c). You always do the coolest things. Heck, I just want to get a stamp in my passport...Ryan has more stamps than I do.
Jen

Unknown said...

That looks like an awesome trip!! We did a super last minute trip to florida....just 3 days. it rained but it was fun