Friday, August 29, 2008

Random thoughts on Nashville

Ryan and I went to Nashville to visit our friends who were in town. It was awesome to see them again and spend some time just hanging out. I have really missed having Angie around, she is such a great friend and so understanding. I am a total geek and she just rolls with it. Hopefully she will always be so understanding of her friend with "special needs". I am so blessed to have met someone so great.
Ryan has really missed Araya and every time she sees an airplane she wants to get into another airplane and go get her, (I guess she thinks Araya is on a never-ending plane ride or that Virginia is in the sky) Ryan and Araya have so much fun together and get into the dumbest fights. I do not want to have girls that close together, ever. Ryan would either break down bawling or start screaming at Araya and Araya would yell back at Ryan and it was like they were not even in the same conversation. Ryan would be talking about going to the pool and Araya would be talking about starting school and they would start yelling "YES I AM" and the other would yell "NO YOU'RE NOT" and it all made very little sense. Luckily they are very easily distracted. All I had to do was bring up ice cream or a carousel and they would be best friends again and making wild plans. Silly girls.
At one point we were walking along and a teenage boy with spiky mohawk hair was walking in front of us. I saw Ryan staring at him and then the confusion in her face. I tried to hang back because I knew an embarrassing comment was coming but I didn't get back far enough. She started yelling "That guy look goofy, he have goofy hair! He look goofy!" over and over. He turned around and said "I like looking goofy" or something. Then Araya noticed him and said loudly "He looks like a Rooster, why is his hair like that?" (luckily the guy turned a corner and was finally gone.) Ryan responded "He not a roofter (not a typo), he goofy!" You can imagine the debate that followed.
Ammon was there too, his happy little self following the big girls everywhere. He is such a cutie-pie. He does appear to get a new bruise every hour of every day. He falls down or runs into something and then just giggles his deep giggle and keeps running. Look up bruiser in the dictionary and you will see his picture. As tough as he is, I think he has got to be one of the sweetest little boys in the world. His smile makes me giggle.
Can you tell I love these guys. They are my Georgia family and always will be! (Sorry, no pictures this time)

No comments: