Jannica and Ryan were starving (as usual) when we got home. I was not in the mood to cook, so I was in no hurry to get food on the table. Jannica thought for a minute and then asked if she could make dinner for Ryan and herself. I was gonna say no, because that usually means more work for me. She must have seen the no coming because she instantly said, "I will read all of the instructions and I will do it all myself." How could I fight that?
Jannica decided that it would be mac and cheese for dinner tonight and got the box out. She followed instructions, asked a lot of questions and needed help with the stove, but eventually she made a pretty good batch of mac and cheese.
I let the girls eat in the front room (who needs structure) and got a great picture. Yes, Ryan is naked and wearing a witch's hat, but she sure loved her dinner!
Great work Jannica!
2 comments:
That is a cute story. I love the pic.
Can I just tell you she was so proud that she cooked that Mac & Cheese. She kept comparing it to ours. However we did learn that "Jaime makes the best Mac&Cheese with really big noodles and lots of cheese." and her eyes got really big when she described it. We were all wishing we had some.
Post a Comment