Wednesday, September 17, 2008

You mean you have to brush and floss?

I was not raised as a flosser. I don't do it very often and I feel that it is very time consuming. Obviously, if I don't do it for myself, it will not be something I push with the kids. Jac and I have learned our lessons. Jac was found to have two cavities at her cleaning appointment (I had 3 at mine!)  and today the dreaded "filling day" arrived. I don't think she had the first clue about what to expect. I had tried to tell her, but I didn't want her to freak out. "What?!" you say, "you're eight-going-on-15-year-old drama queen, freak out? I don't believe it!" Well believe it sister! In the past Jac has been to known to get herself a little, shall we say, worked up. So I try to sugar coat, but explain the details. Jannica also has a wild imagination, so she can take something you tell her and convolute the story so much, that in 10 minutes she is sure that the martians are invading and she and she alone is going to save the world! But I digress.........

We got to the dentist and they gave her the laughing gas. From that point on she was great, she didn't cry, no yelling, she didn't even know she had a shot or that they had drilled her teeth. When she came out her mouth was numb on one side so I got some silly pictures and Ryan, of course, had to have her picture taken as well. The drive home was a little teary for Jac, but she got some Motrin, got to watch HSM2 and relax for a bit. The numbness finally wore off and she called her Mom and Nana to tell them "did you know they filled my teeth up today!?" She is such a cutie. She acts so grown up that I forget that she is still seeing the world through innocent little eyes and is trying to make sense of it all.

Lopsided smile, and what cute hair!
Jac trying to puff out her cheeks!

The filled up teeth

Always has to be cool like big sis!




2 comments:

Johnson said...

Glad everything went well. Cute pics. Thanks for letting us hang with you guys last night and for riding homw with me on the gc.

Nana said...

Hey, the first few years of her life she lived with me and theresa, Of course she is a drama queen. ;-) Just like us.

I love to read your blogs. It is great to keep up with Jannica and what is going on in her wonderful life. You do such a great job taking care of her. I'm glad it worked out this way. She is where she should be.