Thursday, September 10, 2015

Amsterdam Day 45: More Statutes

We were walking through the streets o Haarlem and can upon this beauty. One of the ladies is naked and the other is clothed. Also, I like the tree in the background. You can see the branches reaching up and then folding back down.  


I don't even know where to start with this one. I think it is a footman soldier leaned over with a shield. Or is it a UFO crashing into a tree that is falling over. In the background here is just to show you that there are also normal statues here. This is in the main square in Haarlem. 


 This is a communist looking statue with a giant bird, a fist striking, a ladder, and a wagon wheel? It really looks like there were leftover parts from 20 other statues that they just threw together and hoped Thea people would be convinced that it looks good. This is outside the modern art museum here in Amstelveen. Maybe the modern art thing explains why it is so weird. By the way, we were in the Pompideau Center in Paris a few years ago and they had a toilet on display as modern art. It wasn't even an attractive looking outhouse or a fancy old toilet. It was just a good old regular toilet bowl. 


This little guy is also outside the modern art museum. But I like him. Seems like a statue that you would find in the South Pacific. 


Apparently the burgers here are amazing. 


This is part of a lion?  I found it outside the train station in the south o Amsterdam. I kind of expected to see another statue with only the middle of the lion. Or a statue of a dinosaur eating the middle part of a lion. 


This one sits inside the KLM complex. At least it has an aeronautical theme to it. Or at least I think it does. 


This cute little girl sitting on her pony resides in the park near our house. That is one skinny girl and one fat pony. 


And this one I thought was a lot of fun also. It is a tree hugger. They left enough space between his arms for quite a bit of growth. I have no idea what the words say it mean. There were about 10 of these guys in close to the same position, but not exactly the same. These are also near the train station in the south of Ansterdam. 


I enjoy taking pictures of all these weird statues, so I am sure you will see more in the future. 

Here is the link to my favorite statue in case you had missed it. 

http://kartchner.blogspot.nl/2015/08/amsterdam-day-32-interesting-statue.html?m=1

No comments: