The whole reason for visiting Senegal is to prepare for the holiday Eid Tabaski, as it is called in Senegal, or Eid al Adha, as it is known in the rest of the Muslim world.
We are visiting to attend our annual sales Operation Tabaski, which is when we award out top travel agents in Senegal with sheep for the Tabaski festival? It is quite a show, and very, very “Local”. We ride with sheep in a big open truck that we brand Delta, with local talking drum players announcing our arrival at each agency. It is hot, dirty, smelly, and wonderful!! The agents, and community, really respond it. At least this is how it has been destined to me. I'll let you know soon exactly how it goes.
Here is a link about Tabaski if you would like some more info.
This next part is more for the airline nerds that read my blog since a lot of it focuses on the differences between Delta and Air France. There is no nonstop flight flight to Dakar from Amsterdam so I have to change flights in Paris and both flights are in Air France. I was very excited when I exited the plane from Amsterdam as I looked at the Air France app, and I had been upgraded to business class. The business class on the AF 777-300ER has a 2-3-2 configuration and is an angled seat instead of lie flat. No problem with the angle though since this is a 6 hour daytime flight. My assigned seat was the middle seat, which means that if I need to get out and go to the restroom, I have to straddle someone else to get out. Not a problem if you are sitting next to an attractive women. Really a problem when you are sitting next to a big Texan going to an oil rig that won't see a women for the next 28 days. No luck here today.
They have socks, slippers and headphones covers for you when you sit down. The headset is built in and so they give you the headset covers for sanitary reasons.
They hand out a nice amenity kid before take off with the standard mouth wash, comb, lotion, etc..
The safety video was pretty fun. It has been described as chic with a very French style. It was very French with in a model style. It is worth a watch if you enjoy interesting safety videos.
The food on the Air France flight was pretty good. A lot of fancy words that taste really good served with cheese and the most wonderful French desserts. The flight attendants were really great also. The moat difficult part of the flight is the slight language barrier. Most of the people on the flight speak French since this is a flight between two French speaking countries. It was not really that much of a problem though.



No comments:
Post a Comment