Friday, September 11, 2015

Amsterdam Day 46: Old People on Bikes

I keep trying to take pics of old people on there bikes. We are talking about old people not just people that are close to retirement age. But these guys are faster than you might think at least on their bikes. 


Sorry that the shot here is not that good. Here is an an example that I see pretty commonly. 

The other day, I saw three ladies biking by together just chatting away. I'd say they were all in there 70's.  

We were walking through the market a few weeks ago, and there was this really old man, had to be in his late 80's at least. I didn't see him on the bike. He was walking the bike through the crowd. But he was shuffling along so slow that I am sure that he uses a cane or a walker when he doesn't have his bike. 

Apparently, there are special bikes for old people. They have a much lower bar so that they are much easier to get on and off. Jannica has one. 

We have seen a few other fun things on the bike paths. Yesterday we saw a teenage girl trotting along on horseback while texting. 

But then again, we saw some weird things in the golf cart paths in Peachtree City, Georgia, like a golf cart pulling a canoe behind it, 12 high school kids in one golf cart, or someone transporting their gold fish on the golf cart. 

All that to say, if I can get another good shot of an old person on bike, I will get that picture for you. 

At the same time as I was writing this, my mother found this article about my great great grandmother roller skating at age 72. So maybe biking at that age isn't so weird. 



No comments: