Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Potty Training

So Ryan is learning to use the toilet. Things are going pretty well, she can go all day without an accident, sometimes. Then there are other days when she, I think, makes an effort to go pee and poop anywhere but in the toilet. Her friend Gavin is learning to potty train as well. Gavin's mom babysits Ryan so, Ryan has been learning from Gavin. She has now learned to sit backwards on the toilet. As you can see, she looks like she is driving the thing.


Today I was so proud, she marched into the bathroom without me having to coax her. She climbed up and did not want her special toilet seat, she says, "no, I can do it, I not scared." So she grunts and pushes and squats and keeps yelling, "Mom, I poop! It's a big one." I am yelling ans screaming that I am so proud of her and that she is a big girl. I thought the picture of her on the toilet was so funny, that I had to take one. She saw the camera and kinda stood up a little bit and said "get picture of my poop, its big one!" I told her we don't take pictures of poop because that is gross. It might be just as bad to get a picture of someone on the pot, but not one with buns as cute as Ryan's!
Today she did so well with the potty training that I let her wear panties when we went out to eat. She did so good, she told us that she had to go potty and then she went at the restaurant. (Kelly hates to take her because she is so determined to do everything herself that it takes 20 minutes just for her to open the door, pull up and down her panties and wash her hands and dry them). We stopped at Target on the way home and while at the store I ended up having to carry her because she was running and hiding in the racks of clothes. She did not like this and pushed so hard to get out of my arms that she pooped. Not so bad except that I was holding her and she was wearing panties. That kind of warm and mushy is something that I never want to experience again. We then had to track Kelly and Jac down, tell them we were going to the the restroom and spent the next 15 minutes cleaning ourselves up. Ryan telling me the whole time..."I poop in my panties, I not get poop on my dress, ooooh, you get poop on your arm and your shirt? yuck, disgusting, I all clean. You have poop on you?" I told her I was not happy with her and that I was mad at her because she got poop on me. When she got to the golf cart, she told Kelly and Jac, "I get poop on Mom. Mom not happy me, I sorry Mom, I not poop on you anymore." Kelly and Jac seemed to think this was all very funny, and we were all laughing by time we got home. Oh, these are times I will always cherish!

2 comments:

The Schaefer's said...

Jaime, you've got a live wire on your hands. She's too smart :c). I promise someday you will miss these little "encounters."
Jen

jennywren said...

I laughed so hard when I was reading your blog tonight I almost peed my pants (a not-so-great side effect of giving birth to four kids). So glad to hear your children are just as wild and rambunctious as mine. Don't ya just love potty training? groan...