Saturday, September 13, 2008

Little Artist




Ryan has recently started drawing more than usual. She loves to paint, color, cut, tape, anything at all that makes a mess and gets in my way. Anyway, I came downstairs the other day and heard her talking in the kitchen. she was saying, "this my hair, my long beau-ful hair, this my eyes, my nose, my mouth" I walked in then and asked what she was doing. She said "I draw my picture." I was amazed at the brilliance of my child! Kelly got a call at work and all of my friends have heard this story, but I wanted to blog about it anyway.

Later that week I came in the house and she was sitting at the coffee table drawing. (she wasn't alone, Kelly was playing with his new computer right next to her.) I asked her what she was drawing and she said "Mr. tadoe head". Again I was overwhelmed by her brilliance. I feel bad for all of you who are reading this and have to feel bad that your kids just aren't as bright as mine. Oh, well, you'll get over it! (I hope we all know I'm kidding, right?)
Last of all, yesterday I was trying to read New Moon (for the 5th time, sorry Laura), and Ryan was not happy with being ignored. She laid down on the bed next to me and started doodling on some papers. She started talking about her turtle and his tail and then there he was on the paper, and it really looked like a turtle! I am sure that I am obsessing, but I won't say anything else after this. I have an artistic kid.
(side note: I have 2 actually. Jac is as right brained as they come, she could draw, sing and paint all day!)

3 comments:

turlington clan said...

Ryan is sooo cute!! gavin misses her and is excited to see her tomorrw!

Keri said...

What gorgeous red hair Ryan has! Reminds me of my brothers and sister. And such a good idea to post artwork. Naya just made her first smiley face so I'm totally going to copy you and scan it in.

Clayfrogger (a.k.a. Delores) said...

Thanks for adding us to your blog. I feel special now and am glad to have a friend like you. Thanks