Friday dawned with my determination to return a few ikea items and demand (or beg for) free delivery of the missing couch.
I filled the umbrella stroller with ikea items and threw Charlie on my shoulders with an ipad to keep him happy. I AM a modern day pioneer. I earned several shocked looks from some older Dutchies as they said things to me that I will understand someday. I wish I had taken a picture, but sadly, it was impossible.
On the 2 busses, people were VERY nice and helped me on and off the bus. Busses were much more convenient Friday than Thursday.
At Ikea, they were happy to help, gave me free delivery and no problems with returns. It took a solid 50 minutes, but they were nice.
I was so happy it all worked out, I decided to grab some ice cream and shop a little more.
This was how we looked on our ride home. The stroller is less full than on our trip TO Ikea.
We got home, built some furniture, did nothing in the way of cleaning, and waited for our guests to arrive.
Around 5 I went to the Friday market to pick up my 30 eggs, the best cheddar cheese ever and the rotisserie chicken that I get weekly. The strawberry guy was trying to clear his strawberries, so I got 26 pounds of strawberries for 24 bucks. They are cute little things, I don't think they do miracle grow over here. We have been missing our frozen strawberry jam and smoothies. And now I have this giant freezer we are all set.
At 730 I headed out for an impromptu girls night with a couple of nice gals from church. The night was great. Fun chatting and good food.
This is how the girls got home.
I got all excited to see Greg and Lara on the tram. And then I tried not to cry.....
The square where I made my connection for home was PACKED.
Coincidentally, the tram I rode home on was packed as well. I finally got to sit about 20 minutes into my 25 minute ride.
There is nothing convenient happening here. But it is ok. The family is happy. We spend time together. We talk on the busses. We work together to get groceries home. We ride to and from school together.
As hard as this has been (I am kind of a baby, it's not that hard) I am glad we are here.
2 comments:
Don't want to make you homesick, but they removed all the bushes on the front of your old house. Haven't seen any people yet, but I'm sure they are there. Doesn't look the same with no bushes.. Oh well.
Hahaha! I thought that was us too!
Post a Comment