Monday, November 09, 2015

Amsterdam Day 105: More Random Statues


I thought I'd start with this odd and disturbing statue that we spotted while leaving Bruge. I thought it was so odd that I flipped a u-turn in the car to come back around and get a picture. I can't quite tell if that is a very see-through and deep cleavage ballerina outfit, a slip, or some kind of lingerie. 


This beauty is also in Bruge, Belgium. This one was seen from across the canal so I couldn't get any closer. I have no idea what the statue is doing, but it appears to be looking at something, I think. 


This statue is in Antwerpen near the castle on the river. The little guys appear to be looking at the big guy's crotch. They seemed amazed and the tall guy seems proud. Not really sure about this one. 


I liked this one because it was made of a different material. That appears to be a woman laying down and a couple of horned deer next to her. I found this one in a small park in Zoetermeer. 


And this one from Rembrandt Square in Amsterdam is just cool. It reminds me of the giant chess pieces in Harry Potter. Apparently they remove them in the Winter for the Christmas market. 

No comments: