Monday, November 23, 2015

Amsterdam Day 118: Paris Day 3


Last night, we took a stroll over to the Eiffel Tower to see it at night. It is absolutely beautiful. I think there were more security personnel around it than tourists though, at least at this time of night. 


Today we started off on a journey with the kids to see the Eiffel Tower, but made a few stops on the way. But some accidental miracle, I was able to catch Cameron without him knowing I was taking a picture in front of Notre Dame. I had a perfect picture with the 4 kids before a pigeon tempted Charlie and he bolted to chase it. 


On the way back from the tower, Bev, Charlie and I took the long way back. Actually, a normal person would have done the walk from the subway in 12 minutes, but we took about 55. I'm sure that it was me though that slowed us down. It's not likely that it was the kid that was touching every brick on the walls and laying down on the ground for minutes at a time. At one point, I thought that people were going to start giving us money as we sat as beggars in the side of the sidewalk. 


Then I took Ryan, Anika, and Chloe out on the town. I took them to the Opera house and the mall with the great Chriatmas lights. We then went to the Place Vendome, which is a big square that was completely surrounded by lit up Christmas trees. The highlight of the night was taking a trip around the Ferris wheel, all lit up in the colors of the France flag. Anika admitted that she was scared. I asked her if I had ever led her wrong on something that turned out to be scary. It turns out I have. Apparently, I have a history with this girl. I made her go on a roller coaster once at Six Flags, and I scared her so bad that she still hates roller coasters. I also batted a ball into her face once when we were playing baseball. It was a softer type of fluffy ball though so it wasn't that bad. Thinking about it, I'm not sure why she would do anything with me let alone trust me that she will be fine on the Ferris Wheel. 


We finished the night by walking through the Christmas Village along the Champs-Elysees. The girls wanted to buy everything and I said no. Ryan really wanted a 40 Euro pair of earmuffs. No was all I said and I walked away. We did end up with another Nutella Crepe because those things are amazing. 

No comments: