Saturday, November 21, 2015

Amsterdam Day 116: Paris Day 1: Arc De Triumph

So you have a couple extra days off of work and our of school. What do you do?  Why not go to Paris. So we did. We started off on our 5 hour 30 minute drive tots the city of lights. 7 hours later, with one hour of the most horrendous Paris traffic that I have ever been in, we arrived at our flat for the long weekend. Of course, the very first thing we did was get some crepes at the creperie on the corner. Then dinner with our friends Amber and Lee who are also visiting Paris for the week. 


Our first day of sightseeing included a trip to the Arc de Triumphe including the hike to the top of its 271 steps. Jannica counted, but I think she missed some. 


Cameron was very excited to see the Eiffel Tower for the first time. I'm not really sure what he was expecting, but he was pretty impressed. He was so impressed that he let me take his picture. He has gotten to the point where he does not like his picture taken and it can only be done a special occasions. I believe that he thinks the camera takes away his soul. 


The spiral staircase up and down the tower are pretty cool. Jannica and Bev looked up at me. I was a little afraid that I would drop my phone. And Cameron was hiding on the side so his picture would not accidentally be taken. 


Cameron is again hiding from the camera. That's alright though. I like these kids too. Ryan was off with Amber, Lee, Anika, and Chloe exploring some other part of the city. 


We also saw a cool park to the north of the main city called Parc Buttes Chaumont. It is a pretty cool looking setting. 


We also spent some time in Galleries Lafayette, a huge department store, that looks the opera house. The Christmas decorations are all over and it looks amazing. 



No comments: