Today we headed off to central Amsterdam to board the Pancake Boat. But in Dutch, pancakes mean Crepes. It is a 75 minute journey through the canals and rivers around Amsterdam with all you-can-eat Crepes.
Charlie thought that this was an amazing idea. He sat down with his first crepe and dug in. He was finished with his first Crepe before many other people had sat down and before the rest were half way done. He didn't tell me, but I think he liked it. Number 2 went down almost as fast. When number 3 was put down in front of him he looked determined but the process was much slower. It took some time, but he finished number 3. These aren't thin little crepes. These are healthy portions. To put it in scale, I had 4. His were smothered with Nutella though so I guess you can't blame him. Mine were also mostly smothered with Nutella
After eating the crepes, they opened up a hole to the bottom of the boat and invited all the kids down. It was a giant ball pit in the belly of the boat. What fun! When the ride was over, I had to fight with Charlie to get him off the boat because he was having so much fun.
After the Pancake Boat, we walked over to a playground for the kids to play, but this was unlike any playground I had ever seen before. It was two houseboats tied together.
The next houseboat over was a picnic houseboat. I guess in an area where land is limited, a playground on a houseboat makes sense. It was definitely one of the more interesting locations I have ever see for a playground.




No comments:
Post a Comment