Side Point: I am going to start adopting the metric and celcius system. It just makes sense. The fact that the U.S. is one of three countries with the great countries of Myanmar and Liberia that do not use the metric system should tell you something. Our system is stupid and we are a backwards country for still using it.
Side Point 2: Daylight Savings is also stupid. It is also a relic of the past that needs to go away. Other developed countries participate in Daylight Savings though so that might be more difficult to get rid of. Although, our dates don't match up with other countries dates, so maybe we can get rid of it.
Main Point: It finally rained today. Jaimee and Jannica had to ride to Jannica's school this morning for new student orientation and they were soaked by the time they arrived. It was still raining when they came back. And it was still raining when I left for work in the afternoon. And it is still raining now almost 30 hours later. The good news is that we finally invested in some new rain gear for the family.
My office is made of 10 people that all moved to Amsterdan at the same time. This was the opportunity to see what they were made of. Most continued to bike in the rain. A few took public transport. And one got an Uber. But I was impressed by the number that made the commute by bike. Most of them are single or married with no kids, so they all decided to live in the city, a 25-30 minute bike ride away. I am the lucky one that only has a 6 minute commute in the rain. If you are confused because I said 5 before, it is because the commute does take longer in the rain. For one, traffic is much worse as people decide to take their cars and crossing the main streets takes longer. And then there are more puddles that have to be avoided. And you have to go slower to avoid slipping. It was a perfectly miserable commute, but I'm sure I'll get used to it.
I'm not getting super fat. I have a backpack on.

No comments:
Post a Comment