Cam and Bev started school on Monday this week. Unlike Jannica and Ryan, they are not going to a Disney school, but I still think it is pretty cool. Jannica and Ryan are going to an international school where the education is all in English and there is no risk of them getting behind in school (at least not because of a language barrier). But we decided that it would be fun and educational for Cam and Bev to go to a Dutch school that only teaches a little in English, but the teachers still know English. We picked Florencias because it fits those parameters and is a very small school with individual attention. They develop individual goals and lesson plans for each student. There are 7 students in there class and they are in the same class. They are also the youngest kinds in the class. There is another American kid that is Cam's age that was born in California. There are a total of 30 kids in the whole school. They have one full time teacher and another teacher that is in the class for two days. And then a separate teacher for P.E. and Spelling and probably something else.
On the first day of school, the kids were pretty excited.
We took them to school, they say down and pretty much left us and never looked back. I asked Cam how the first day went and he said it was fantastic. I asked him if he made friends and he said lots. After four days, they are happy with the school and the teachers. Cam is starting to say a few words in Dutch already. I talked to one of the teachers today who said that he is doing pretty well and they are starting to transition to more Dutch. It also seems that they understand that Bev loves attention and that they have to be strict with her. She is testing their boundaries and seeing how far she can go.
Yesterday, they had P.E. class where they dressed up in their judo outfits. Cam looks very serious. And Bev looks very tough. I don't think I'd want to mess with this class. The first rule of Judo P.E. is: You do not talk about Judo P.E. The second rule of Judo P.E. is: You do not talk about Judo P.E.
No comments:
Post a Comment