Thursday, August 06, 2015

Amsterdam Day 9: Office Space

I love our new office space in the KLM headquarters. We have moved from a cubicle farm in Atlanta to a much more open office. This is a bit easier since there are only 10 of us in this space. 


One of the best parts of the office is that we have windows that actually open. And right outside our window is the moat that runs around the building. It is complete with crocodiles and even a fire breathing dragon. Maybe not on those but we have seen several ducks swim by and a turtle hanging out in the lily pads.  My favorite part is the cute flowers (probably lilies?) growing on the lily pads. There is one duck that appears to be hanging out all the time every day. We have given her the name Little Bitterballen after the gravy balls that everyone here loves so much, but they are really nasty (the bitterballen since the duck would probably taste really good). 


Not pictured here, but we saw some crab legs on the window sill indicating that there are cute little crabs that crawl around or someone had seafood for lunch and didn't know where to put the legs. 


The canal does go around the building on three sides, and apparently connects to the bigger canals that connect into Amsterdam and into the river where all the shipping is done. I gues that means that I could get a canoe and boat into work everyday also if I wanted. I think it would take a lot longer though. 

No comments: