FYI: I tried to proofread, but I am on my phone with no glasses. This is the best you get.
There is a Facebook group here, of parents with kids who go to ISA.( Jac and Ryan's school) It is a place to ask questions, meet other families and find out how things work over here.
The older girls were getting bored so I posted asking if there was anywhere they could meet people their age. Several mom's responded and wanted to meet up with us. So Wednesday the 4 littler kids and I went to a goat farm/petting zoo with one of the moms and her 2 daughters.
This goat farm was awesome! We thought we would just get to feed the animals and pet them through the fence. When we got there, there were kids climbing INTO the pens!
So of course I plopped mine right in there as well. They loved it.
We followed little chics around and saw the cutest baby cow EVER. I don't know how they do it, but the cows over here are darling.
They have baby bottles full of goats milk to feed the goats with. 2 for 1 euro. Every kid got 2. Bev was loving it, as demonstrated by the pictures below.
Classic Bev.
While we were at the goat farm a couple walked up to us because they heard us talking about ISA. The husband is a teacher there. We were chatting for a bit and they mentioned they were there being filmed for House Hunters International. Then the camera guys came up and asked to film us. Please take a moment here to look at the pictures of my children again.............
So you can see why I said SURE! They filmed Ryan crossing the monkey bars, Cam on the teeter totter and Charlie saying "NO!" when he was asked if he wanted to be their little boy's friend. From three different angles. I am hoping they kept Bev and her hair out of any shots.
I then signed 5 release forms and thought, what on earth was I thinking?!?
After all of this, we wandered into the chicken pen, where the three smallest were terrified, because, chickens. Chickens can peck you. Never mind the goats that will trample and headbutt and eat your clothes. Chickens!!
We had a nice snack outside wherein my babies freaked again because there are quite a few yellow jackets here and they show up every time we eat. Cam spent the rest of the time at the farm in a burka made of my sweater. Later Charlie ended up with one made of Ryan's as well.
And then it was time to go.
This is what I look like on our bike rides. Charlie is on the back of my bike. I yell instructions like: "Stay on the side so people can pass!" "Keep coming!" "Stay right with me!" "We are crossing a road, let's watch for cars!" "Bev, quit swerving, you are gonna make ________ fall down!" And so many other things it would just bore you.
We stopped at Kelly's office and since Ryan was annoyed and Charlie was screaming, I took them home and Kelly took the other 2 to lunch. 20 minutes later I got a text saying cam had been stung, they were coming home.
I need you people to know that it was only 1 pm. I still had a whole half day ahead of me.
Cam was sad, but we all had a nice lunch at a sandwich shop and Jac took some kids home, Kelly and I chatted for a minute and he was back to work.
And, I have a new friend here. This was a good day here. A rollercoaster, but pretty darn good.

2 comments:
Chickens!!!
1pm only! I thought for sure it was bedtime already. Please let me know when I can watch that episode online....can't wait to see Cam say no.
Post a Comment